Friday, September 13, 2024

When to REBUKE

The LORD JESUS declares:

Revelation 3:19

King James Version

19 As many as I love, 

I rebuke and chasten: 

be zealous therefore, 

and repent.


What is rebuke?

What does it mean to rebuke?

How shall we accept rebuke?

Why do we need to be rebuked?

What are we to be rebuked from?

Merriam -Webster defines "rebuke" in two ways:

to criticize sharply : reprimand

to turn back or keep down : check


Which the Bible confirms:

Proverbs 1:22-33

King James Version

22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? 

and the scorners delight in their scorning, 

and fools hate knowledge?

23 Turn you at my reproof: 

behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, 

I will make known my words unto you.

24 Because I have called, and ye refused; 

I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;

25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, 

and would none of my reproof:

26 I also will laugh at your calamity; 

I will mock when your fear cometh;

27 When your fear cometh as desolation, 

and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; 

when distress and anguish cometh upon you.

28 Then shall they call upon me, 

but I will not answer; 

they shall seek me early, 

but they shall not find me:

29 For that they hated knowledge, 

and did not choose the fear of the Lord:

30 They would none of my counsel: 

they despised all my reproof.

31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, 

and be filled with their own devices.

32 For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, 

and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.

33 But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, 

and shall be quiet from fear of evil.


Proverbs 3:11-12

King James Version

11 My son, 

despise not the chastening of the Lord; 

neither be weary of his correction:

12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; 

even as a father the son 

in whom he delighteth.


Proverbs 12:1

King James Version

12 Whoso loveth instruction loveth knowledge: 

but he that hateth reproof is brutish.


Proverbs 13:8

King James Version

8 The ransom of a man's life are his riches: 

but the poor heareth not rebuke.


Isaiah 1:16-17

King James Version

16 Wash you, make you clean; 

put away the evil of your doings 

from before mine eyes; 

cease to do evil;

17 Learn to do well; 

seek judgment, 

relieve the oppressed, 

judge the fatherless, 

plead for the widow.


born again is guided by SPIRIT.

The LORD's SPIRIT teaches us about JESUS.

He teaches us about the LORD's commands.

That we may be holy, perfect, and blameless.

Because the world is full of sin.

Romans 3:23

King James Version

23 For all have sinned, 

and come short of the glory of God;


1 John 5:19

King James Version

19 And we know that we are of God, 

and the whole world lieth in wickedness.


That's why the born again must do his job.

To share the gospel of JESUS CHRIST.

That all may be saved.

Philippians 2:14-16

King James Version

14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, 

the sons of God, 

without rebuke, 

in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, 

among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

16 Holding forth the word of life; 

that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, 

that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.


Such is the importance of being born again.

Such is the importance of Scripture, SPIRIT, and JESUS.

We are taught to rebuke righteously.

John 16:7-11

King James Version

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; 

It is expedient for you that I go away: 

for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; 

but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

8 And when he is come, 

he will reprove the world of sin, 

and of righteousness, 

and of judgment:

9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, 

and ye see me no more;

11 Of judgment, 

because the prince of this world 

is judged.


2 Timothy 4:2-4

King James Version

2 Preach the word; 

be instant in season, out of season; 

reprove, rebuke, exhort 

with all long suffering and doctrine.

3 For the time will come 

when they will not endure sound doctrine; 

but after their own lusts 

shall they heap to themselves teachers, 

having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears 

from the truth, 

and shall be turned unto fables.


The Bible is filled with stories of rebuke.

From GOD, the prophets, JESUS, and the apostles.

The LORD's call has always been strong.

The rebellion in people has always been rampant.

TIME to HEAR the LORD JESUS now.

Mark 1:15

King James Version

15 And saying, 

The time is fulfilled, 

and the kingdom of God is at hand: 

repent ye, 

and believe the gospel.


Related material:

The HOLY SPIRIT's REPROOF

WORD of GOD

On PROPHETS

Sin AWARENESS

BORN AGAIN articles

apostles don't primp

HOLINESS


Some verses sourced from Daily Verses, whose "Verse of the Day" is:

Psalm 124:8

King James Version

8 Our help is in the name of the Lord, 

who made heaven and earth.


When to REBUKE

The LORD JESUS declares : Revelation 3:19 King James Version 19 As many as I love,  I rebuke and chasten:  be zealous therefore,  and repent...